Indigo is market leader in terms of passenger traffic carried in India. Based on the LCC business model, it seeks to provide cheapest air tickets to its passengers. In doing it, it takes all necessary measures that ensure operational and fuel efficiency, low acquisition and maintenance costs of airplanes and customer-focused service delivery. Here are some of the main tenets of its business model which seeks to provide cheap domestic and international tickets:
- Point-to-point connectivity
- No-frills services, devoid of any entertainment provision or free meals
- Only Economy class of service
- Only short-haul flights (of maximum 4 hour duration)
- Technology intervention which ensures safety of passengers, crew and airplanes and helps in cost reduction
- Bulk purchase of single type of aircraft to reduce acquisition and maintenance costs
- Optimal seating to enable seating for maximum number of passengers without causing them discomfort
- Lowest turnaround times to ensure that airplanes remain airborne for maximum possible time.
This operational model has made it a success story in Indian civil aviation space, which has hitherto been marred with declines of airline companies.
Where to Book Indigo Air Ticket?
IndiGo tickets can be booked at your nearest contact office of Indigo where you would be required to make a visit. However, you can also use telephonic means to book the tickets. If you want to use the online medium, tickets can be booked on its:
- Website (book.goindigo.in). It is a responsive website and provides good customer interface on mobile as well.
- Mobile Application (Download it right here at Apple iPhone Store, Google Play Store, Windows Phone Store and BlackBerry World )
Indigo Ticket Cancellation policy
IndiGo charges fees for cancellation of tickets. The rates w.e.f. 1 April, 2015 (per pax per segment) are:
30 days or more before scheduled flight: 1250
2-30 days: Rs 1500
48 hrs- 7 days: Rs 2000
2-48 hrs: Rs 2250
0-2 hrs: No Show charges
7 days or more: Rs 2000
4 hours to 7 days: Rs 2500
0-4 hrs: No Show charges
Practical Tips for getting Cheap Tickets on IndiGo Flights
- It is good to have flexible travel plan for choosing those days and times when airfares are lowest. You can expect these to be low during the lean season of the year and even at the off-peak hours during the day.
- Avail of discounts and offers to make travel cheaper.
- Set up fare alert notifications for alerting you whenever fare reaches a particular threshold. This service is available on OTAs.
- Try using mobile application for booking tickets. There might be exclusive discounts on offer on mobile apps for this purpose.
- Check out promotional discounts. Participate in social media contests where airfares could be offered cheaper to winners.
- Try out meta-searches to know Indigo fares on offer on different platforms for your travel.
Please share your views and more information on Indigo Tickets with us.